View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 01:12 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
lb2101

Really glad you posted this.. unfortunately I did the EXACT same thing. Decided I wanted to quit drinking at 30. Five years later realized that I NEEDED to quit because I was killing myself. Did an outpatient rehab.. group counseling 3x a week. Stayed sober for a while and then stopped going. Some time later I said, "Well, that's that. It was hard but no big deal. I can now have a drink once in a while like normal people do." That was last year. Now I'm 36 and drink a twelve pack every other day. Get drunk, wake up hung over. No booze for a day. Feel better the next day and do it all over again. I'm such a dumb ass.
It was easier before because I didn't really have withdrawal symptoms. Now I get a little shaky and have heart palpitations when not drinking. Do yourself a favor and don't drink. Have a hot dog and a soda at the game and laugh the whole way home that you just saved your own life.
Go Bruins!
And yes, today I made the decision to get sober. Again. Need to taper off for a few days, but should be off the booze completely by Monday. And now that I found this forum, I have some people to talk to when the demons return and I'll STAY SOBER this time.