Thread: OT Fiji!
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 07:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

OT Fiji!

Got back on Monday from my trip to Fiji. Apart from minor inconveniences such as having my luggage delayed for four days and having to be rescued by our captain while snorkeling (I decided to sacrifice my dignity for the sake of saving my office the paperwork that would have been involved if I had drowned), it was a wonderful, amazing, and productive trip. We met with a lot of strong and determined women doing some pretty amazing things with very little financial or political support. It reminded me of what it was like back in the 60s when so many women here in the US were just beginning to discover their rights and to fight for them. We were interviewed for a radio program that broadcasts to the remote islands, I was interviewed on national (Fiji) TV, and the American Ambassador showed up for my presentation at a colloquium we held at the University of the South Pacific.

And even though they can't hold a candle to the photos LaTeeDa and jazzman post, here are some of my humble memories of Fiji.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Fiji 1.jpg (58.3 KB, 94 views)