View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 09:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

No, while I tend to go along with the view of Mrs. Pink, you do need to have your own boundrys for protecting yourself--first. Just what Mrs. Pink said (LOL). Protecting yourself does not make you a bad friend.

Maybe, wtbh, this is the time that the old alanon saying applies: "Don't just do something;stand there!" Back up---and just breathe. Let the Universe handle it for a little while--more will be revealed.

About that whole vacation thing...Hmmm.....I wonder....if her real discomfort was the "threat" of having a single woman around her husband......? I'm just spitballing here....

I remember, so clearly, how shocked I was when I divorced my children's father (severe narcissist), at the reaction of some of the wives of the couples that we had known. I was in my late 20's and was pretty hot---although, I didn't realize it at the time!! Some of the husbands made some subtle (and, not so subtle) overtures toward me. Now, I was not even remotely the flirtatious type---I was hurt and shocked by the whole scene!! It was then that my nieve little self became aware that many marriages that look good from the outside have some trouble going on behind closed doors.....sigh.

Sorry, I digressed a little, here.

Just hit an alanon meeting and don't beat up on yourself.

dandylion