View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 08:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Ms Pink- You sound a lot more compassionate and grounded than I feel. I feel some days like I am barely keeping it together myself so hearing excuses justifying keeping her kids in a toxic home and observing her alcoholic behavior (she admits she drinks far too much as a way to cope) is just too much for me right now. I feel SO selfish saying that-but I am worried to be frank, that I could very easily slip back into venting along with her, believing like her it's not that bad and becoming her again. I am afraid of that and doubting my strength to stay resolved to keep xAH out of my life... She is a friend who has pushed hard and not respected my choice to have xAH gone-- she told me last summer she and her family could not do a long standing family vacation with me and my girls anymore bc it would be too awkward for THEM with it being just me and not xAH too...

I guess what I need is to get myself healthier still and feel more put together (bc today I don't feel I am at all) and then maybe I can support her. Right now I am struggling to be healthy for myself and my kids and the dysfunction she is choosing to keep in her life is just too much for me right now...

Does this make me a terrible friend?