View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 08:27 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
CarryOn

Such an interesting question. Don't really have an answer, but my guess would be yes. I've also been told that when someone is dry for a time, they get back to their prior drinking level quickly. Here's a little of what I experienced.

My AH was dry for 17 years (we met, fell in love, and were married during this period). He never did a program. Looking back, I can see how he was emotionally immature due to his drinking, and I can see how he started to mentally/emotionally regress further over the last few years. When he started drinking again, it was minimal at first. Once in November, then again in January, then about three weeks later, eventually weekly, and by the following September it was every. single. day. It amazed me how quickly he slipped back into what I assume were the drinking behaviors of his early 20's. I said to him several times that if I wanted a frat boy I would have married one. He was completely immature & irresponsible; the decisions he was making did not come from the man I knew at all.

I enjoyed reading these responses & look forward to reading more.