View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 03:17 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Nonsensical
Hears The Voice

We were able to get an appointment with an Orthopedic Podiatrist yesterday. The news was not good. She will likely require surgery to repair the "lisfranc joint" in her right foot. Need a CT scan to confirm. Waiting to be scheduled for that. Additionally the doc thinks she may have also broken a bone in her left foot. Need a CT scan to confirm that, as well.

She now has one of those frankenboot splints on her left foot, and a plaster cast on the right, rendering her even less mobile than before. The only thing she can do for herself is go to the bathroom. (Which if I had to choose the one thing she could do - that would be it. Same for her, I suspect. So we caught a minor break there.)

The other silver lining is that it's a really good time in my life to be of service to others, or at least to my significant other. The AV has never competed well when I had important things to do. I've been a drunken slob, but I've never missed any major events because of my drinking. It's a good time for me to have easily recognizable important things to do.