View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 01:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
IWillWin

Movies, movies and more movies. I travel extensively for work and have spent many a day/night locked in my hotel room since I got sober. For me, I am easily bored and visit pretty much the same cities so that novelty of wandering around wore off. Even with 9 months under my belt, I still don't trust myself to sit at the bar in the middle of the afternoon or go to the pool so the room is my haven.

At first, I balked at the idea of spending 17.99 to watch a movie but I quickly realized I used to spend WAY more than that at the bar so I overcame my cheapness and started renting the in room movies. Usually there are hundreds to choose from and I venture to say I've seen probably half of them. Lol! But seriously, I've found it to be a good tool in order to occupy myself for a while and not go down and drink.

I also surf SR and call friends. Believe me, I know an hour takes an eternity to pass when in a hotel room but the good old TV has become my best travel buddy.

I also order room service, take a bath and sometimes just people watch out my window.

Hope this helps!!! Good luck!!!!