View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 11:16 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
lilyB2013
Orange Lily

Originally Posted by Baloo View Post

What do people think about saying that? "I broke down at work a few times over you at my new, improved job during my probationary period." Stuff like that... I mean it would drive home the point of the fact that there is an issue with the relationship. But that's more my issue than hers. I already know that if she is acting ticked, I won't share it, but...
I understand why you would want to do this... But in all honesty, it will be highly unlikely that she will respond to it at all. A superficial understanding, if you will. She might listen, but won't be able to digest someone else's struggles.

Anytime I brought something up like that to my AXBF, somehow, HIS pain was more important, HIS bad day was more important, and I could never understand where HE was coming from.

It feels good to say what you've been thinking and feeling- to let that stress leave your body and detoxify from your burden, but she isn't the person who will take those words and help you heal.

I'm sorry to say that telling her will make you feel good-- the lack of empathy and understanding immediately after will cut you deeper.