View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 08:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
lostmunki

Thank you all for the warm welcome and advice. I immediately grabbed for my phone as soon as I woke up, and your words brought tears to my eyes at last.

Regarding the relationship, I hadn't known it was a recommendation in AA to avoid them until he told me. Apparently he told his sponsor about his feelings for me before we even started dating. At first his sponsor was against it, and I immediately said perhaps we should stop seeing each other. I told him I didn't want to get in the way of him getting better. But like I said, my bf was handling AA so easy, even through the really low points, and his sponsor seemed to accept me and has since invited me to join their hangout group. So, It seemed to me we were all pretty clearheaded about what we were doing. Now I have my doubts.

I got a couple of texts from him at 4 AM after his support group, saying he missed me and was sorry. I purged my selfish feelings last night, but I feel pretty lost, and I'm hurting for him. I know I have to talk to him today and I really don't know what to say.

I'll be reading through the forums here and will be sure to check out the stickies. I searched for Alanon meetings in the area but wasn't able to find any within 30 miles. Maybe I'll ask him about it. Thank you all for the listening ear and feedback, truly.