Old 06-08-2013, 02:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
ssf

Hi HP, I understand completely when you say :

It seems helpful for me to have logic and reason on one side, but also a deeper sense of the spiritual and wonder on the other side. In the past, some of the cognitive approaches seemed too cold, while others seemed too dogmatic.
I have always straddled the line between the two world, logic and spirituality. Somehow AA didn't seem to work for me, not because of the high power, but because I wanted to be included in the part of the work that meant that I was in control. AVRT makes much more sense to me. I am studying my spirituality on the side, which helps to - but its my own personal journey and for me the feeling of being in control having the spirit imbued within me and my intellect / spirit is what makes sense to me.

16 days sober and stuggling a bit with depression and the desire to isolate from the outside world both so as to avoid triggers, situations with Alcohol, but also to reflect by myself (and with my cat).

I can understand the boring aspect of work. I have tried to work fast leaving time for personal reading during lunch and breaks.

Keep on rolling!