Thread: Suicide
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 09:41 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
dbh

I can't even begin to thank everyone enough for the support that I have gotten here.

When I get through this I hope that I can return this support to others.

theuncertainty, reading your message today helped me a great deal. Thank you for sharing your story. My sister died from an overdose. She sat in a room in their finished basement with three bottles of pills and a glass of water. Over the past month, I have sat in that room many times trying to think what could have possibly been going through her mind prior to taking the pills. She was devoted to her son and also very close to my mother. I know she would never intentionally hurt either one of them. It makes me so sad to think of the pain that she must have been in to follow through. Now I'm wondering if she just felt numb too.

I'm also wondering how many times she thought about doing it but didn't.

I did make it to a "Suicide Survivors" support group last weekend. Walking through the door was so much harder than I thought it was going to be. I almost didn't get out of my car.

I'm glad I forced myself to go. I think I cried almost the entire meeting. Similar to my first Al-Anon meeting. I couldn't share (I could barely talk), but the groups seems warm and welcoming. They meet twice a month and I plan to go back next week.

Not sure why I was so worried about being judged. Someone in the group joked about how she wished she came from a "normal" family. I guess I'm going to fit in just fine.

With love and gratitude,

db