View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 08:05 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Non, you are extremely fortunate to have someone who wants your mind and your backside

Originally Posted by fini
of course we really only "have" now, yet the now so often leads to "decisions" that are based on the immediate feeling at any given time. the f**k-it response to any given moment fits right in there.
yes it's true...especially if that is how one has always related to desire. I grew up with ideas like "you only live once" and "if it feels good, do it" lol I come by my hedonism honestly. The f*ck it response was the only one I knew when it came to any grasping, not just my addiction to alcohol.. Buy the new shoes or pay the rent? F*ck it. Have that sexual encounter that is irresponsible? F*ck it. Break a promise, lie, drink, get high, be reckless with others' trust, take the easy way out always....

I even twisted "to thine own self be true" as a justification to satisfy my desires/cravings. That's why for me the absence of suffering cannot be my goal. It is the mindset that happiness equals never having any pain that is the big lie. F*ck it just one way of relating to desire and in and if itself is not wholly "bad" or "wrong"....when I'm at the door of the plane and fear keeps me from jumping...f*ck it comes in handy

Mindfulness teaches not reacting but observing...that can be super helpful for a knee jerker like myself.