View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 07:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
BtheChange

I had the same boundary with my AH after his first rehab stay. I ended up having to ask him to leave the house 5 days after returning from rehab. He was acting drunk and I found vodka in a coffee cup in his car. I waited til the kids were in bed, then packed his bag, woke him up and reminded him of my ultimatum: you drink, we divorce and you leave the house immediately It was terrifying, I was afraid he would be angry but he left fairly quietly.
I have not regretted that decision for a second. Unsure, you sound about as resolved and fed up as I was at that point.
As my attorney said, you can always get back together if he gets truly sober. But you don't deserve to live in an intolerable situation for a day longer than you already have. Your husband is supposed to protect you and make you feel safe, cherished, loved, and respected. He chose self-destructive drinking instead.
My ex AH continues to lie about sobriety and is still on a downward spiral. It is heartbreaking but there is nothing I can do besides take care of myself and the kids. I wish you all the best and truly admire your resolve.