View Single Post
Old 12-22-2004, 08:08 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
nodope

S-Rod, Good for you. Way to go. You are doing awesome. That is no small feat kicking those things.

You brought up an excellent point. Just last night as I was looking at all the lights, and all I thought this is the very first time in eight years at Christmas that I won't be high. How do I do this? Of course all the negative things don't hit the brain cells. Instead of thinking oh Dear God how about when I was in an alley on Christmas Eve day with fifteen other addicts waiting in line when the cops came? All this when I'm supposed to be at Church in two hours to watch my kids Christmas play. Pure insanity. So focus on the really good things, and that you might have fun with your family. Try, and enjoy.

We hurt them so many times. They worry sick. Now as you go along they can see how well you are doing. Allow your sister her thoughts. You are proving her wrong. I get defensive too at times when people quickly put their money away, and hide it. It breaks my heart when my child holds my face, and stares intently into my eyes. I realize she's looking to see if I'm high. BUT they only care, and we are so fortunate to have family that will not give up on us. You are showing them you care about yourself.

Try, and understand too about your ex. They will always associate him with you doing drugs. I'd be the same way as a parent. You are a big girl, and made the decision yourself, but being near him right now would only lead to disaster. You are too good for that. Throw some prayers his way, BUT watch out for only you right now. Make you your only priority. You are doing great.