View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 07:41 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
EverHopeful721

Originally Posted by helltoraise View Post
During the last five months of our relationship he was all over the place. I don't know if he was in a mixed state or actually manic. We had one particular horrid conversation. I know it all doesn't fall under projection, but he was calling me a loser, saying I wasn't the right kind of fun. He saw women who he thought would be more fun in a bar. He thought we looked weird together on and on....much more painful hateful stuff I won't write here right now. My therapist said it was his illness spewing out. He also would say I was trying to trap him. I find it insulting that he saw sharing his life with me as a trap. There is a big difference in sharing and trapping. I have wondered if he felt he would be trapping me if he stayed knowing how ill he is....Maybe that is too much of a stretch and maybe he is just immature. It just really hurt because he was my best friend and supposedly I was his. I know people with bipolar who are not medicated can flip quickly in relationships, but it felt like he spit my love right back in my face.
Thank you, HTR. And I'm sorry that you had to go through this^^^^^. It IS really so hurtful and so confusing to be treated like this by the one we love, especially when the behavior wasn't ALWAYS bad....but as most of us can attest to, it always got progressively worse by the end. Thank you for starting this thread - it's a very interesting topic.