View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 07:15 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
MagRich

Wow. Awesome thread. Just awesome. Thank you. The control thing mentioned is HUGE for me. I definitely have control issues. In my mind I have made it successfully through ALOT, our lives have prospered from it. In my mind WTH cant I control alcohol. In my mind I CAN, but I've not chosen to yet. I will the next Monday, or the next week, month etc. Alcoholism is just this pesky little mosquito that you always try to squash and miss, then try again, and again.

A lot of in your face in this thread. I take so much more from hearing it from those who've walked before me. My family is all about sending me to Cali, Florida or some nice resort rehab. I WON'T go and I REALLY feel I do not need that. Binge drinking for a night or a weekend is my thing. But reading this thread makes me see that is all about ME being in control. I'm not going to go away for 30 days. Firstly because I don't feel I'm as bad as some, secondly because I wouldn't be in "control".

Sorry to hijack NON, but ALOT of valid points here! So many angles and approaches to take here in recovery. AA is NOT for me, due to the powerless issue. But you could pick and choose the others, give it a try and fail because they're bs (in my mind and my beast speaking). Then move on to the next and give your family hopes of THAT program. Fail again, rinse and repeat...