View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 06:37 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
bigsombrero

If I determine I have to go....I self-referred to a 2 week outpatient treatment program...I choose with what feels like an iron will.....From my reading MCBT seems my best choice

Sounds like the reason you want MCBT is because you get to remain in control - you're making the choice and you can schedule the appointments. When I went to inpatient, we could not leave the facility. We could not have a cell phone. We had to go to breakfast at 6am. We had lectures at 7:30, group at 9, lunch at 11, group at 1pm, free time and exercise, and then dinner/lecture at 6. Every damn day for 21 days. Sounds crappy eh? Trust me, it sucked - but it was just what I needed. I am a very independent guy and loathed the thought of it, but that's precisely why it worked for me. I'm not trying to hijack your thread or dodge your questions. You ask if MCBT is your best option? I think the best option might be in a place where you have to surrender everything and work your ass off to be a part of a team. You might find success if you can try and give up control of the steering wheel on this one.

PS - I speak in a sharp tone because you're a pretty realistic guy and you seem to want to hear the straight truth. I am sorry if I'm coming off as a meanie, I am just giving my honest opinion. I also realize that regardless of your approach, you are doing your best to beat this thing, I sincerely admire your thoughtfulness.