View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 10:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
GT asked me in another thread if I thought my wife was going to deliver an ultimatum.

An ultimatum such as "If you drink again, you're outta here" maybe 10-15%

She was home last night, so I think if that was where the discussion was going it would have happened already - no waiting.

An ultimatum such as "you need to get professional help (or I'll never believe you're serious)" maybe 50-50.

I don't really want to go, but it may be worth assuaging her. I'll judge from the conversation.

If I determine I have to go, I plan to advocate for a Mindfulness Cognitive Behavior Therapist (MCBT). There are numerous posters here who have a favorable opinion of mindfulness, so I'd like to learn more about it.

Other opinions on the matter? Something other than MCBT? Lifering has a workbook, I think. There are no meetings in my area for any of the major alternatives to AA. I checked.

Despite recent failings I have had more success with AVRT than anything I have ever tried, and I anticipate it will be the cornerstone of my sobriety. I don't expect to find anything better, but I may find something that improves my overall awareness (or whatever I need to fix to maintain my resolve against the beast).
In connection with another of your threads, "resolution dissolution" - I believe, understanding a false Big Plan is best accomplished with RE-COGNIZANCE of an intricately detailed personal forensic analysis of what was going on in your own brain leading up to taking that first drink again. For myself, by doing so, I would not be able to miss the understanding that that alleged Big Plan "resolution" was in fact ripe for "dissolution".

It's basically a simple process of sorting out IT from ME during that time.

Chapters 11-13 in RR:TNC have great info supporting this.