View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 06:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LD0810

Need advice at wits end

Hey
So I'm so close to going legal to get my husband out cause I don't see any end in sight & I truly believe he thinks ill put up with his drinking in def
But the advice I need is on my step kids aged 21-30 who he drinks with at least 3 times a week

Now for years I spent time telling him he shouldn't be drinking alone its not healthy what about asking your mates to go the pub well feck me I didn't see it coming to bite me in the bum...

1 of my stepsons coped that going for a few with his dad was a great way of spending time with him, then another caught onto this & now my step daughter is working in the hotel business & gets off near closing time so my husband now texts her to join them.

What I've noticed is that the 1 st son used to ring at least 3 times a week for pints but has stopped it's my hubby who now does all the running, where he used to go have 3 pints he's now coming home pissed. But it appears he won't go without them so I feel they would play a big part in his drinking & for months I've not said anything to them but it feels wrong I feel that if I tipped them off & they observe him they'll know I'm not lying & might not be so quick to agree to meet him especially if I explain how serious the drinking is for our marriage. I also really don't want them getting into such a bad routine...

I'm pretty sure I'm breaking the detach with love code or something by wanting to do this but also on some sites it says keeping his drinking a secret is enabling so I really don't know what to do.