Old 12-21-2004, 08:59 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
pedagogue

Originally Posted by shutterbug
I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your idea about making a list of the things I DO accomplish and putting a checkmark by it!!! How wonderful that would make me feel as opposed to seeing the long list of things I still need to do!
Excellent idea!

I use to get such satisfaction when I could draw a big line through my dry-erase board in my office. Items that were a particular pain in the ass I left up there an extra day or two, just because I enjoyed the fact it was completed!

I've written him a very lengthy and loving letter that kind of explains all my confusions about our relationship/friendship and what not and that I now know why I acted the way I did some times. It's like a full-length, "can you ever forgive me," sort of thing, but I don't know if I should give it to him. Any thoughts?
I think that if you put all of this effort into it, and it SAYS what you need to say, and you need HIM to hear...I think you should give it to him. You want to let him have time to digest it, but you might want to add a sticky note or something to it and say that this is something that you thought it was important for him to read, so he could better understand you. I am sure you covered the wanting to still be friends. Sometimes honesty is the hardest thing. Best of luck.

On a person note, I had a similar situation not too long ago, and unfortunately I did not follow my own advice, and my friendship suffered a pretty big blow. However, I rallied, and with some work...I think it will be ok.

I wish I knew how to treat myself the way you do...with the tea and the munchies on pretty plates.
I have a very simply solution to your problem: Plan a date...for yourself! The best thing about this plan....you know what you like, and you can eat/do anything you want! It may sound goofy, but you'd be suprised how much fun it can be. All it takes is a little bit of effort (i know you can spare a tiny bit, everyone has it in them!), and some creativity.

Some suggestions...I know it looks like alot, but really, it isn't...and you are worth it:
*Pick up a favorite movie at Blockbuster
*Make sure you have your favorite ice cream in the freezer, with the appropriate chocolate as a side-dish
*Pick up some candles, bubble bath beads, and a loofa
*Throw your favorite PJs in the dryer (works best for cotton, etc) run it for 10 min or so, or until toasty warm. (Put the nice warm PJ's in the bathroom, then Jump in your bubble bath. I suggest having a cd player with some relaxing music.)
*Order your favorite delivery
*Jump in your PJs
*Eat your yummy delivery food while curling up with a good magazine/girlie novel, etc
*Once you move onto the ice cream...it is movie time!
*Watch the movie!

Hopefully by the end you will be nice and relaxed and will sleep great!

Feel free to change as needed. It was just to get your mind going in the right direction. Everyone feel free to steal the idea. If you find a nice 'date plan', don't be shy...share it.

-pedagogue