View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 09:56 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by LaTeeDa View Post
I wanted to stay married. My AH wanted to stay married. From what I have read on this board, most people want to stay married. It's a matter of what each person is willing to do to make staying married tolerable (if not ideal). For me, the cost was too high--as in my signature.

L
And, maybe the cost hasn't been too high for me at this point? That's obviously something I need to determine.

I wanted to come on and apologize for not contributing back to this thread for a while, I almost forgot about it. We had a traumatic event happen on Friday night where my puppy and I were attacked by 2 American Bulldogs. Well, my puppy was attacked but I got in the middle of it because I couldn't get free from the leash and I tried to pry the one dog off my dog. The adrenaline and fear and anxiety of it all took a toll on me and for 2 days I could barely get off the couch. The pup was traumatized and has many wounds but he's alive. We're both alive, obviously. It's amazing how something like this made me forget all about my trials and other crap in my life.

My AH was pretty supportive during all of this. He took charge when I came in the door covered in my dog's poop, blood, and urine along with my own blood from cuts and scrapes I got in the scuffle. Yet, he always says something stupid to tick me off just when I was feeling I could turn to him for a hug or something. He said, "See, this is why I don't walk the dog in the neighborhood. I walk him at the park or in the desert." Ummm, I kept my mouth shut but my first thought was, "Soooo, walking the puppy in the dark in the desert with just a flashlight is better than me walking the dog, on a leash, on a well lit street in suburbia?" And, he seems to forget that the puppy was already attacked by a neighbor's pit bull a few months ago AT THE PARK. The desert has all kinds of critters and dangers so what the heck is the difference? The world has dangers, get over it. Then he said something about how he worries about me walking the dog in the evening and how after 20 minutes he knows something bad is going to happen. And, see, yes, something did happen, he was right just ask him.

I don't have the energy to argue with him anymore. I truly feel I was traumatized by the event. I met with animal control yesterday. I don't want their(my neighbors) dogs put down, I just want them to pay for my vet bills and to make sure they confine the dogs or repair the leash/collar situation. What had happened was that this guy's female broke her leash right at the collar, it literally snapped and she took off after us on the other side of the street. This guy came running to help me with his male dog on leash and then the male dog started attacking my dog from the rear while the female was locked on my pup's neck. So, then we had 2 dogs to pull off my pup. They claim the female was hormonal and she had just lost a puppy and that she might have been acting out of aggression because of her loss. I, quite frankly, didn't have much sympathy when I looked at my dog with staples, stitches, scrapes, puncture wounds, etc. I can only pray that my dog is young enough to recover emotionally from this. For now, he's skittish, barks at every noise he hears, and hates going outside at night. Just one more thing for me to have to work through. I swear I feel like I never get a break. And, yes, I'm having a pity party. Just feeling down right now.