View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 02:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

WELCOME to Sober Recovery!!!! You have found a great place with lots of experience, strength and hope (ES&H) from folks who have been where you are now or are where you are now. I am very glad that you found us, but sorry for the reasons why you had to.

Many have found some help and ways to clear one thoughts (myself included) by checking out some Alanon meetings. We suggest 6 different meetings to see if one might 'fit' with you a bit.

Also you may want to try some one on one counseling with a therapist that specializes in addictions.

Also, please read the 'stickys' at the top of this forum, there is lots and lots of great information there.

As to your daughter, there are Alateen meetings that she might like to 'check out' where she would be among her peers that also an alcoholic parent or sibling. Also I am not sure how a divorce would hurt her chances for scholarships or grants unless you are referring to the emotional damage, which in reality is already happening since he gets nasty when he drinks and she and you are being called names, etc.

There is one item that most of us live with here, and it is called The 3 C's.

You didn't Cause this.

You can't Control this.

You can't Cure this.

Since you are very stressed over this and you have every right to be, you might want to consider a separation of you and your daughter from him. You two moving out or getting him to move out. I cannot tell you when and if he will hit his bottom, but it is yours and your daughters right to live with peace and serenity and obviously your are not at this time.

Others will be along as we get into this new day to share their ES&H also.

Please, keep posting and let us know how you are doing as we care very much. Feel free to rant, rave, scream, cry and yes even laugh.

Love and hugs,