Old 06-04-2013, 02:59 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by MagRich View Post
Let's do this. Im tired of hurting my family and disappointing them yet again. They don't deserve this and we all deserve a better life. I just hope that they can forgive me when I can't forgive myself right now. It was just supposed to be "one last time". I need to make it count now. My family is pushing for a 30 day something somewhere. I don't need that as I'm a binge drinker. I need to round this up before it starts costing me even more than it already has. I love them so much and yet I still keep hurting everyone. The buck needs to end here.
One AVRT tool that's simple and direct (and will cause you to recognize the difference between YOUR desire to never drink and ITS desire to drink more) is to put anything about yourself and drinking into the PAST TENSE.

Tell yourself, "I WAS a binge drinker." and also try this on for size, "I USED TO drink alcohol". Then just sort out YOUR positive resulting feelings, from ITS negative resulting feelings. This recognition should help reduce some of the confusion and help you begin separating from IT.