View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 08:14 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
BlueSkies1

Originally Posted by stella27 View Post
I have been thinking a lot about Blue Skies' objection to labeling someone as incapable of changing. Ever. And being outside of God's capacity to perform miracles (my words, not hers.)So it's not really a question of whether he can or will change, it's an issue of how much older you are going to be when Liz decides to start living again.
I just want to clarify that I am about the most non-religious person you will ever meet. I spoke of "higher power". I did not mention "God" or "miracles".

Nor "God's" ability to perform a "miracle" on Liz's husband. More like Liz's husband's ability to recognize whatever conundrum the two of them are involved in, his part, and his ability to change himself! And likewise her's!

She wants to stay married. He wants to stay married. For logical reasons, I'm assuming to each other.
Seems there are some power plays about getting there, together. Also seems that something could be worked out, since they share that goal.
No matter what labels have been put on him. Who cares about labels if they share the goal of staying married to each other? I put it aside, along with the judgment of those labels, and wonder why they can't work it out since it is what they both want. That's why I wonder if this isn't much about power plays, judgment on each other, refusing to work together.
It's so easy to label, judge, and work against each other, instead of together. I know, been there, done that. I look outside the labels that are used here, by definition, and that's the problem I think.