View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 03:58 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Lulu39

Originally Posted by lillamy View Post
It was almost as if the closer someone got, the less they were human to him and the less their feelings mattered, maybe because they were perceived as being in competition with his own feelings/needs. He would donate large sums of money to Katrina relief while I struggled to put food on the table. He would cry in front of news casts about domestic violence and volunteer for domestic abuse victims while severely punishing his own children for minor infractions and abusing me.
Mine blamed me for his inability to be as successful as Bono. He once RAGED at me, that if it wasn't for me he would be as BIG AS BONO! He would rant at the TV when the news or a current affairs show discussed violence against women. He would say things like "all youse women are b*tches", yet in public he would spout feminist ideals.

He told me that it was my job, as his wife, to listen and tolerate his rants and rages. When I would refuse to engage in one of his drunken rants or rages or arguments or whines against the world, I would be told: "It is your DUTY as MY WIFE!" to engage and tolerate and "discuss" whatever he chose to throw at me. King Baby.