View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 01:58 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  
Jeni26

Originally Posted by bloss View Post
Totally agree about always thinking first I have to do this, then enjoy life. I'm going to practice enjoying the moment rather than some distant, "maybe" future.

Bloss
I'm finding the things I HAVE to do and the things I WANT to do are littered around my day and quite hard to separate. Some parts of every day are great, some not so. I can't always predict which way it'll go, so I'm learning to take the rough with the smooth.

I had a great morning at work, then all hell let loose at 1 o'clock and the afternoon was really stressful. I decided instead of carrying the stress home and giving the beast a chance to pipe up, I would try and be a grown-up about it and DEAL with it...!! So I took the sh*t and all the accompanying feelings of inadequacy that I felt as a result and off-loaded at a management meeting after work.. Do you know, that's what people do with work issues?? They share them with the appropriate support network, they DON'T feel like they have to cope with everything themselves and then go home feeling useless and smoke themselves to death and lay awake all night fretting.... Well I never!!

I left the crap at work, I've had a cople of texts from my boss this evening who is working hard at resolving some of the issues I encountered because...guess what? They aren't ALL MINE to solve. I'm not a complete loser, I'm a competent member of staff who knows how to problem solve and delegate!

Now I'm exhausted and ready to crash out...I may sleep a little better tonight, and I didn't give my beast a single reason to bug me. He's already asleep and has been all day. Ha!