View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 09:19 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
FireSprite

Originally Posted by BlueSkies1 View Post
FireSprite, if he could contain his narcissism to only when being with her, I wonder, does that mean he is not truly narcissistic? Seems he couldn't control it, if he was. Maybe it's not off-topic either, if it applies to Liz.
Your friend's husband sure was a controlling manipulative emotional abuser though, regardless.
Ok, I have calmed down that this isn't an all-encompassing forever comdemnation for him rendered by mere mortals! That thought really had me fearful that we would consider ourselves capable of being each other's higher power...or knowledgable and enlightened enough to condemn, which I think we are neither.
I really don't know. I don't think I know enough about the topic to really make that determination.

He DEFINITELY thinks he is smarter, better, more talented & just all around greater than everyone around him. He seems to always expect people to simply recognize his brilliance & reward him for just being generally awesome. He doesn't seem to understand why Success hasn't come knocking on his door to drag him off of his couch & make Great Things happen to him.

But I wonder because he's not foolish enough to stand up against another strong/stronger personality (although he thinks of himself that way in his mind)... he always backs down but remembers himself to be much more aggressive when he retells the story.

For years he kept her somewhat isolated & figuring he had her best interests in mind at all times she simply accepted anything he said without a 2nd thought & he kept his place as King Know It All, high up on His Pedestal.