Thread: Encouargement?
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 08:10 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
SoloJohn

Ok, the latest happenings: My wife called me 3 times today, I finally picked up the 3rd time this evening. She was mainly calling about some info about my parents. Of course the conversation turned to our situation. I tried to reason with her that she needed to seek help, and that moving away was not going to change the problem. But she is convinced that getting away, and making a new start on her own will be the solution. Well, ok, I hope your right. She said that she was going to start attending AA, and even attend religious services, as she popped a beer. Jeez, what do you do? Anyway, I shared some info about what happens when one spouse is an alcoholic, and how it affects the marriage in general. I guess it fell on deaf ears. Just no reasoning.

I really appreciate the line of thought that, if you met this person, and you knew about their habits and personality, would you befriend them? That really is food for thought.

I realize now more about this co-dependency thing, and that is what I need to be concentrating on. I don't feel really any worse for talking to her, since I was able to share that she needs to seek real help, and I told her I would be glad to help her get that help, but of course, she has to do it on her own. Well I hope she does. I guess we'll see.