View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 10:13 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
magnolia44

Originally Posted by 1stthingsfirst View Post

My plan is never. Ever. Never in any amount every again. My AV is not "me" I find that I like the me that is sober. I was watching Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and it struck me that the baby form of Voldemort is so much like the beast. It was helpless until it was given life from others. Then Voldemort was truly dangerous and destructive.

I am on Day Four now. I have an issue where I replace one addiction with another. I am an avid runner. I recently started running this year after I got my asthma under control. I love running long distances and am speed training for a few events in July. I injured my ankle and knee today and will have to sit it out for two days. I am bummed. The next few days will be more challenging since I do not have that outlet. I am going to have to find something else to occupy my free time... maybe I will learn a new sonata.
I know how you feel. Working out has been an amazing outlet for me, but I have an inflamed muscle or tendon in my shoulder and am being forced to rest it because any movement it stretching just makes it so much worse. And it is totally horrible and driving me nuts! Even running is painful.