Thread: Pregnant AD
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 03:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
PerhapsLove

I am secretly thrilled to be having my 8th grandchild, but terrified nonetheless at the situation my daughter will bring this innocent life into. She has nothing. She lost everything in the 2 years that she was addicted to drugs and alcohol. I agree that it is wrong for my ex-son-in-law to keep their daughter away from AD, and I have told him so. AD is hesitating at this point to contact the authorities, because she feels guilty about not having a job. But she calls (or tries to) everyday. The ex won't let her talk to her daughter.

It's so sad that she wasn't able to see clearly along the way. I tried so much to prevent her from losing so much. But she was in addiction's clutches and even I couldn't make her see. I accepted that a while back, but it is still sad. I am grateful that she is apparently sober now. That shows me she cares about the baby's well-being.

Thanks so much for the support. There is still a lot of anger and mistrust in the rest of the family, and I understand and accept that. I pray that someday she can rebuild her relationships.