View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 08:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Kindeyes

There are so many here on SR who have helped me through some very dark times. When I felt hopeless and helpless, lost and alone, the people here on SR held me upright. Continuing to support others is simply 12th step work (and I feel pretty certain that many of those wonderful people mentioned would say the same thing). We are simply giving back what others so freely gave to us.

Actually each and every new person who comes here to SR helps me every day. They remind me of where I was.....and where I never want to be again. They keep me focused on my own recovery. I see myself in each of them.

The true heros around here are the moderators. They work diligently to ensure that SR is a safe place to come. I'm sure we would all be surprised by what goes on "behind the scenes". There are a bunch of people who come here in emotional pain, physically addicted, angry, confused, fearful, and sometimes argumentative. Considering the volatile nature of addiction and codependence.....the moderators do an awesome job.

Thanks mods!

gentle hugs
ke