View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 04:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
MendipMan

What a sad sad story, my prayer go out for all concerned and especially the family of the elderly couple! I agree with everyone.... not his rock bottom.... oh no not yet!! The man that snubbed you is not the man you fell in love with you... that is the demon addict, the demon drink! What a bitter blow to get to almost two years and then relapse, it is a timely reminder to us all that we are NEVER safe.

None of this was your fault, but you clearly loved the man... and have never really got over the split! I need to remind you of what I am sure a lot of people have told you that you could not stop him in his addiction, loved ones almost never can. my wife tried so hard to help me and just became the enemy in my addicted eyes, so she left. You did nothing wrong in fact by leaving you probably saved your life. Don't be tempted to go back to him, to help him. You are not turning your back on him, on the contrary you are helping him. He is looking for someone to blame for all this and in his warped and twisted mind it is you. Leave him to the professionals now, they will do their best to sort him out!

And you deserve better. There are loads of men out there who would love to meet someone like you and who would give you the life and the love you deserve. Believe me there is a really fantastic life out their, free from addiction, and free from the Demon Addict...... for those on both sides of the fence.