View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 08:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
peridotbleu

Originally Posted by honeypig View Post
I know that feeling of the bottom dropping out when you find out what is going on, and HAS been going on for years behind your back. You look back, w/your new knowledge, and suddenly all those things that just didn't seem quite right (but you couldn't put your finger on what was really wrong) suddenly make sense.

Oh, so he never wanted to go to the park and go swimming in the summer b/c it would interfere w/his drinking time, he always packed a really small lunch for work so he'd have an empty stomach, the quicker to get a buzz after work upstairs in his model-building room, he always had to keep cash on hand so he could buy bottles w/o leaving a paper trail....the list goes on and on. And the feeling is as if you are standing at the edge of a cliff while it slowly crumbles away under your very feet.
Wow - Honey, I could have written this myself! It really is mind boggling and so very, very hurtful!

Thanks for the post Springs! I am going through this same thing myself except my AH has no health issues to speak of, so he is still in denial. He secretly drinks and tells me he is doing fine with no drinking - Ha! Go figure!

I am just taking baby-steps, one day at a time.