Old 05-31-2013, 06:02 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
MamaKit

Update!!

Hello all.
So it is done. I got through it. I think I did the best I could possibly do.
We won't have a ruling for 60 days!!!! Ugh
I pick up the interim order today with regard to his contact with the children from now until then.
He didn't go down in flames as I expected. And I had no clear sense of what the judge was thinking - he is known for not reacting or showing his hand...as is appropriate I suppose.

My attorney tells me that I did really well. She says I hammered home that my concern was with my boys and protecting myself against his verbal abuse and efforts to control. I did not make it about him directly and come off as attacking him. She says I was a perfect witness. He was pro se...and declined to question me directly but just made his case on rebuttal.

He was all about him and money (of which he as none). He also had an excuse and an answer for everything. After a while, they really began to sound ridiculous.

His response to my re-telling of the DV incident last June was - "I didn't tell her that I would make our children parentless...I said that we were no good as parents when we act like this."

His response to getting kicked out of little league for being drunk and belligerent as a coach - was "that was a big misunderstanding, people at the game said - it is not like (name of STBAXH) to act that way, the umpire must be drinking - but meaning drinking in a joking way"

His response to all of the liquor bottles in the back of his work truck (when he was working) - was that those belonged to the workers on the jobsite, he just cleaned them up.

He spewed a lot of negativity about my friends, my family, how everyone thinks I'm perfect but I'm not...yadda yadda yadda. I think he painted a picture of himself that is a milder form of who he really is...but still likely gave the judge a good sense of the real guy.

The judge's BS meter had to have been hitting the red zone at some point. This judge has been around and he must be able to spot that kind of baloney.

On a bright note, I really did see you all there with me in that almost empty court room. I pictured, a pretty pink bag with birds, a dusty album with a heart, a basset hound's nose, a dancing little Amy with her hair in a bun, pink flowers, a fiery angel, a fuzzball, a wicked penguin, a hamster in a housecoat, etc.......all of you were there with me. I really felt that!

I was pretty spent after - it took all day. I went to my boys' baseball game after and crashed into bed after tucking them in.

I'm hoping that the judge's decision on our interim order for contact will give me some indication of how he may rule in the long term.
I will post on that when I get it this afternoon.

Again,
Thank you SR for all of your hugs and support

I will now focus on letting go and letting God.

Hugs,
MamaKit