Old 05-31-2013, 04:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Kassie2

Update on my medical situation and need for suport.

To bring people up to date - back in Feb I lost vision in one eye suddenly and a month later it was starting in the other eye. They thought I was going to loose them both at the time. Right now, they have changed the prognosis - my vision is back with glasses to assist me.

I was initially believed I had a primary illness attacking my eyes so the search for an illness began. Three months later and many tests ( I think one of the nurses said I had everything in the book - and BTW the hospital knows by name now) and three biopsies later - we have a diagnosis. Treatment can begin and the prognosis is good.

It seems that I was lucky enough to have the least of all problems and tho my illness is uncureable - it is treatable and manageable. They also raved about how healthy I was for my age and feel it is a real plus for a prognosis. ( My son seemed so proud that the hospital staff kept commenting on how healthy i was and how I was the best pt of the day.)

So thank you everyone for your prayers and support. Will still the encouragement and support as there will be some changes ahead as I have to do a better job at taking care of me first.

This has become a more serious struggle with increasing job threats and demands as I am sole self provider (and looking into options).