View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 03:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sunnshinegirl

Yesterday - Detaching?

Yesterday evening wasn't a good one. My AH had to call a business and he just lost it with the woman helping him on the phone. Lots of f--s I could hear out in the other room because the conversation wasn't going his way. He told me he ended up calling her a f-- moron and then slammed down the phone. Fast forward a few hours and I was watching television and my program set him off. He used a few more bad words about my viewing choices, I turned it off but he left the room. I followed him after a while and he started talking to me but basically it was just a rage (not directed at me). Later when he calmed down, I tried talking to him about his anger. Got one sentence out of my mouth and he shut me down again. All of this anger is getting worse I think because he's getting older. And I'm trying to get the strength to leave but when I see how angry he gets, I get intimidated.

Anyway, what do I do? Detach? I can't get him to see a doctor. Don't know if I should call one of his friends with my concerns or just mind my own business and focus on my life. I don't know if it's relevant but he starts drinking everyday at noon like clockwork.