Thread: Avrt ???
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 10:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
MythOfSisyphus

You don't drink simply by not drinking! That sounds like a stupid answer and I apologize if it is, but once you go thru the **********/crash-course you have the tools you need. You know intellectually that booze is killing you (if that's the case, don't recall just how "bad" you drink). You make a Big Plan not to drink and not to change your mind. Then all the other stuff is noise from your AV/beast mind.

Having the glass poured for you is a big temptation, especially in the beginning. It's basically like having someone else tell you it's fine to drink. And it may be for them but they're not you!

I suppose AVRT would work fine for someone that doesn't drink much, but then again if you didn't drink much or often there probably isn't a problem to begin with. For me AVRT works well and is actually pretty easy. It's not just a slogan when I say, "drink and die." It's literally what will happen if I don't stay stopped. My AV doesn't give a crap whether I live or die, so I don't let it call the shots for me.