View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 07:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Springs

How to keep moving forward?

I posted a few days ago, but an ER visit three weeks ago opened my eyes to the depths of my AH's problem. Even after the hospital he was in intense denial, it was scary (though not physically dangerous to me) and I fled to a friends place for a few days and then kicked him out temporarily. I spoke with him yesterday and he is now admitting he has a problem, has started seeing an addiction counselor, and has started 12 step. It sounded maybe real. I am so relieved I can barely stand it but now that my fear that his life is in immediate danger is subsiding, I'm starting to more face how sad I feel about how much he betrayed me, and totally upended our life. I went to one Al Anon meeting and am going to go to another this week. I've reached out to friends and family but feel at such a loss of how to even picture moving forward with everything no matter what happens from here. This seems like such a long sad path to be on. I'm not sure what I'm asking for but I guess any concrete advice about ways to stay grounded and sane in the beginning of my own recovery and not just totally sink into sadness would be appreciated. Thanks.