View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 02:38 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
fini

Regardless of what a person does to quit, if their goal is abstinence and they drink again, they have not met their goal.

yes, of course.

Since a method is a thing to be applied, it's not the method that "works" per se, but the person that works to apply the method.

ah, this is where the snag is for me. the method might have flaws. and a person might apply a flawed method wholeheartedly with everything they've got, and still "fail".
but that is also not the point of my OP. because i'm not talking about ways to get and stay sober. as i keep repeating (yes i do oh yes i do repeat repeat repeat it, lol)

as a more personal aside, my belief is that people can get sober different ways, by different "methods", or by no method whatsoever. i've seen enough examples to know that's so.
but these are all other interesting conversations, though not addressing the original topic.

as another aside, your question "what if a person doesn't know they have a Beast?" led me to wonder what "the correct AVRT answer" is to THIS question: what if a person is an alcoholic and has no Beast?

tongue in cheek. mostly.