View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 07:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lizatola

Ah diagnosed with NPD

I'm not surprised but apparently, he was. His doctor(psychologist) had him do a few narcissistic personality profiles after getting into arguments with AH during therapy sessions and getting frustrated with him. The doc does not feel that AH is an alcoholic at this point, but that his NPD and his 'I'm above the law' attitude clouds his judgement and overrides his decision making. I'm not about to argue with anybody at this point, I just sit and listen to AH tell me what's going on. He seems genuinely confused about what's going on in his own life. I feel sorry for him at times.

I've been trying to meet with AH weekly for lunch. Trying to take down walls here and there to see if anything is salvageable. Yet, I find out about stupid lies and crap and I get frustrated and hurt and angry. I start pulling away again in an effort to step back from him. There really is a part of me that wants this marriage to work, I want to give him the chance to work with his therapist and see if they can make some efforts but his proclamation of going weekly to therapy has already turned into once every two weeks. I'm not surprised, he's a narcissist and he has all the answers. Or, so he thinks.