View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 03:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
story74

My xah left me on mother's day weekend. I was entertaining his mother, while he was partying with his girlfriend for the weekend. I was blindsided and shocked. But, this was the weekend where all the lies came out and the truth surfaced. 1 week later he was living with his girlfriend and would not take my phone calls or texts. He abandoned my son and I that weekend financially and emotionally. We had been together for 16 years. Quite a shock.

I was a stay at home mom at the time and luckily had a supportive family. They helped me financially get through the summer until I could go back to work again. Thank god I had a degree and a job to go back to. My family has helped since take care of my son. The addict is gone.

I was crushed. I lost my family, friends and my life exploded. I am sure you are going through many emotions. Being sick on top of it can't be easy.

I know this sounds super easy to say, but LET HIM GO. You have 6 kids who deserve a healthy life. The need stability, warmth and love. They don't need an addict, nor a grandma who is an addict/dealer. It took me awhile to see what happened to me as a blessing, but it really was. Maybe one day too you can see this as a blessing.

Take care of you and your kids. Don't think twice about this addict.