View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 12:59 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
lillyknitting
lillyknitting

Yes,yes you are both right. I can say "in the now" I will never ever drink again, now at this moment. I know I won't drink tomorrow, or Thursday, my lifestyle does not dictate that I would want to do this. But, it's when the evening comes that I know everyone is out socializing that I get jittery. I can and have walked into the bar and ordered the soda, but I know that feeling as someone called it, "doing it raw". How many peeps want to go out and just drink soda? Come on now, be really honest! Only those driving or on some form of meds, or.....here it is.....those poor old sods that can't control their drinking.

Now. I've been there with those feelings those thoughts and now feel I actually don't need the alcohol at all, don't want it, because I find even one or two actually do have an affect the next day. I'm still sluggish and slightly hungover enough to not want it at all. I now realize that we are drinking to numb our brains. If the event were so interesting, exciting & riveting we wouldn't want to drink at all. You know that little moment when you say to yourself, what am I doing here! Well now that's when I can get in my car and drive home. I love it. But Ive only come to this conclusion through repeatedly going out there and doing it. Nothing, no programme no-one ever, has done it for me, I'm afraid, only ME. X