View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 03:05 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
fini

MoS,

i'm glad AVRT is a powerful new tool for you, and i'd not dispute that whatsoever.
i can see its value and usefulness in dealing with the AV.

i have no quarrel with the technique, nor did i start this thread to quarrel about what works for anyone.

i was/am interested in looking at the responses from AA and AVRT to a return to drinking.
it struck me that the responses are ultimately the same:" the "method" is foolproof, YOU screwed up. YOU screwed up because we set the parameters such that we say it's not possible to "fail"."

that's it.
that's all i attempted to converse about.

on a more personal note, for myself i spent a lot of drinking and sober time "knowing" that i had had choice and control and wondering, ultimately, why, then, i'd repeatedly make a stuuuuupid choice such as going back to drinking? how to explain that one to myself???? was i seriously insane? what sane person would keep making such a choice a gazillion times???

yep, hung out there for a long time. til i figutred it out for my own satisfaction, with a lot of others who were willing and interested in having months of conversations about it.
veryu very lucky to have had that, and grateful to this day.