View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 10:33 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
freshstart57
Self recovered Self discovered

MagRich, you can start recognizing your Addictive Voice anytime. Now is usually regarded as being a good time to the extent that it is better than all other possible times, and therefore the best time.

AV is any thought that promotes use of the substance in question, and is also any thought that expresses doubt in your ability to succeed.

In order to recognize your AV, you must learn to listen to your thoughts and evaluate them as to that AV definition above.

I have a question for you guys. How did you start? Did you pick a date to implement AVRT? I always tend to pick a date like the 1st, 15th, 20th or a Monday. I set myself up for failure because if I am not successful on THAT date, I pick another one with the same perimaters. This has gone on and off for years. Today is Tuesday the 28th. I have 7 cigarettes left. Surely I cannot become a nonsmoker on Wednesday the 29th~

I had about 8 days free from drinking and decided to screw it all up and "reward" myself last night. I joined here 3 months ago with the intent to stop drinking and smoking both. Any suggestions and thanks for your input!
The other aspect to this we call A Big Plan, and that is your vow to quit this for good.

Over all of this, you must believe in yourself and your ability. I believe you can succeed because I believe in YOU.