View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 09:49 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Such a timely post Lillamy! I have done a good job of NOT thinking about my part in the mess that is my life and this weekend with lots of rain, lots of lazy lounging with my girls and lots of questions about when we could have a few friends over I had to face the fact that there are friendships that ended (and the impact on the girls is that their friendships with my friends kids have been all but ended) bc of my unhealthy dynamic with xAH.

Granted some of these friends weren't really in it for the long haul and have their own issues, but you know what? Being around me and being aroud me with xAH made us "that couple" that people did not want to be with.

And my kids are old enough to remember doing things in the summer with some of these friends (vacations with them for several years) and I am having to try and nonchalantly say that's not going to happen. And I can't blame him for it all. It's me too.

It sucks to realize the collatoral damage done being a part of an A relationship and I hate that I have no where to look but squarely at me for the pain my kids are feeling as they wonder why friends can't or don't want to come over anymore... Sure they have new friends and new memories but man it sucks to realize that the ONLY reason for some friendships having changed is bc xAH and I sucked together and made it sucky for others...