Old 05-28-2013, 07:31 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
alcoholicBF

All of this is hard to hear [read] because I know it is true. lillamy- The unstable person is the issue, not the gun. You're exactly right.
Diva- We both own our own homes- the fact that he has been able to hold on to his for 10 years is evidence to me that his addiction has progressed. There is no way he could have maintained for 10 years the way he is now. That being said, I don't know how long he can maintain.
choublak, I think I would have to call the police (which his brother has suggested I do next time) and then beg the judge to sentence him to rehab. I would feel like I was ruining his life with a criminal record but what's the alternative... Death? His, mine, someone elses when he is driving or wielding a weapon?
Tryingtoletgo: I am glad you're safe. I hope your child is healthy. Mine is paranoid about me getting pregnant to trap him (a seed planted by his insanely controlling mother) when in reality, that is the LAST thing I want. I can't wait to be a mother. I want him to be the father, my partner. He is not capable. I know I would never be able to trust him with our kids. ever.
I am a NO DRAMA person. I feel like I am not in my own life right now. This is not my life. I guess the addicts are the only ones in denial sometimes.