Old 05-28-2013, 05:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
alcoholicBF

I have hidden the gun... but I feel ridiculous even saying that. If he is going to be destructive he will find a way.

I know he loves me but I also know he doesn't know what he is doing and he is addicted. I can't give an ultimatum like "its me or the alcohol" because I know in my heart that wouldn't really be a choice for him.

I told his sister-in-law and younger brother that he had done something very dangerous that could have killed him or me but did not want to share details. Not yet anyway. His family is incredible so even if I hit MY rock bottom in all of this, he has a support system that won't leave him. His older brother is a recovering alcoholic, a few years sober. I am going to ask him to have an honest conversation with him as a starting point. If he is not willing to do that I don't know that I am willing to stay in this situation. I mean... seriously, if "accidentally" discharging a firearm isn't your wake up call, what is?? I need him to get sober and healthy or I need to get out. This is just not the life I want.