View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 04:33 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
MidnightBlue
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Gotcha!

I've just caught my AV red-handed!

I've got an e-mail from a client and, actually, didn't know what to expect there. My immediate response to it was to go get something "comforting" before reading this e-mail.

AV was whispering: "Come, you need to screw up some courage before doing this".

Really? Is there some magic willpower and courage extract in cookies? You are ridiculous, idiot.

I just took a deep breath and opened it. Guess what? Nothing special)

Jeni- I like the beginning of your description and can totally relate to feeling scary about this Badass description.

If you don't mind I'll give you some tips.

Since I'm writing every day I face the inner critic every day (another big-time jerk and partner-in-crime of my AV). They pair up perfectly. First, the critic bugs me with BS like "you are no good. Look at this crap you are writing. Stop wasting your time. You'd rather make something useful and clean the floor, woman. etc".

Then, when my self-esteem is undermined enough, AV shows up and offers its "help".

In order to turn off your inner critic who scares you and tell **** and bull stories about what you can and what you can not, you have to turn off logic.

Set a timer for 10 or even 5 minutes. Say to yourself that no one will ever see this. You are writing this for yourself. And..just go wild, don't judge yourself. Just write. Your goal here - to fool the inner critic and AV.

Have you checked "fuss about" gym?)))

Hope your day is fine and non-stressful.