View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 12:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
thislonelygirl
box of chocolates

Because an alcoholic is in denial of the severity of their addiction they tend to just live in la la land carrying on like everything can be peachy keen. My ah made plans also (not that they were bad plans ) but that everytime he discussed future us plans I got a terrible shiver and thought to myself " like I want to make any plans with a drunk" even the more simple plans like a trip .....nope ill pass lol.
We even spoke about moving out of state and as fun as that would have been had he been sober then.....I didnt care the idea of living far off from friends and family with an alcoholic.

Throw an alcoholic into the mix and what would be romantic and sweet "our sweet life" future planing turned into an even longer frightening nightmare. Luckily my ah has been sober for over a month...not long but it makes future what if talks more bearable before I just nodded my head and smiled while making comments to myself mostly because like you I couldmt communicate with my partner as well. Thats a big one for alcoholic relationships..communication is walking on egg shells.
But I didnt need to communicate with him in the talking faze of future plans in fear of a fight but I can promise you had plans actually went through on his half...I would have dead center stopped them but I always just listened to his plans and brushed them off or later came up with ways they didnt work ....and alot of the times they didnt work because of him lol

Lexie cat- had a similiar situation with my ah as well re signing a lease when I had been looking for another place to move to. My ah did alot of things without communicating with me first as well...another one was taking out loans which he loved to do so often....finally pay one off to surprise he took out another one why? Got me...for toys and drunk knick knacks.