View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 05:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hammer
Engineer Things; LOVE People

"ours" (me and the kids) have sort of come to just ignore it.

At least after last summer. Mrs. Hammer played that she could not pick a house, and we wound up "homeless" for a month. Aside from the being Very Educational for me on just what Passive Aggressive behavior is, it really helped me see that I/we are dealing with real mental illness.

Since she has been back about five months from rehab, she has come up with three (maybe four, I guess thinking about it) different plans/places to move. Some local, some distant. Including across the country with no jobs, etc.

Last month she was throwing fits in the kitchen saying she was going to relapse if my daughter and I did not agree to one of "the plans."

The kids just look at me with the "Dad Fix This!" look and want me to assure them even if mommy goes crazy, we are not going crazy with her.

So I listen to what my daughter wants (senior kid, as it were) for schools, housing, etc. And our boy who likes to build is helping spec out what our "forever house" will look like. So we will do that and Mrs. Hammer can either come, go, go crazy, or whatever.